This article covers how to install the EPS Device Control that is required to use your scanner to deposit checks on a Mac (looking for Windows? Click here). The installation can be completed 2 business days after you have registered your scanner. If you do not see Check Deposit option in your menu and you are interested in the feature, please reach out to our Customer Success team.
Before you begin, make sure that you have administrative rights on the computer you will be installing the scanner on. You should save your work and close any other programs or browsers that are running before you begin.
|Please Note: Make sure your scanner is plugged into your computer and a power source.|
Part 1: Downloading Device Control
1. Open Google Chrome and log into Pushpay at pushpay.com/login if you haven't done so already.
2. On the left-side bar click Gift Entry > Check Deposit then click Open check scanning portal.
3. You should receive a popup message. Read through the preliminary steps and click Continue. A new browser window will open with your ProfitStars portal.
4. When the page to the ProfitStars portal opens click Transactions > Remote Deposit Complete.
5. From the check scanning portal select Transactions from the left main menu.
6. Under Check Processing, choose Remote Deposit Complete.
7. The Open Deposits page appears. Select Create New Deposit, as shown below.
8. The below page will open and the EPS Device Control Installer will start to download:
Part 2: Installing Device Control
1. Once the download is complete open the Device Control Installer > Continue and follow the prompts to complete the installation.
2. When prompted, enter your password > Install Software
3. Another window will pop up prompting you to 'Complete Device Control Setup. Click Complete to install the device control certificate.
|Please Note: If you do not complete this step or exit out of the Device Control Installation process before it is complete, you will not be able to use your scanner with Check Deposit.|
4. Enter your password to allow updates to the Trust Certificate Settings
5. When asked 'Do you want to move the "EPS Device Control" Installer to the Trash?' click Move to Trash.
6. Go back to Transactions > Remote Deposit Complete > Create New Deposit. When your scanner serial number shows your scanner was successfully installed and is ready to use.