This article will show you how to use some of the reporting features in your ProfitStars check scanning portal.
- Merchant Settlement Account Report - Will help you find out what checks have been deposited into your bank account to assist with your bank reconciliation. These settlements will correspond with deposits you are seeing in your bank account.
- Deposit Results Report - Allows you to monitor the status of current-day batches, the items within the batch, or display a previous day's batches and items. These batches will correspond with a Check Deposit batch you see in Pushpay.
- Viewing Deposit Details - Helps you identify the high-level status changes for the batch.
- Viewing Item Details - Shows all the details related to each check that was scanned, including the check image, check number, amount, and status.
- Searching for Individual Transactions - Tips for searching for an individual transaction from Pushpay.
Merchant Settlement Account Report
This report will help you find out what checks have been deposited into your bank account to assist with your bank reconciliation. These settlements will correspond with deposits you are seeing in your bank account.
1) From the check scanning portal select Reports
2) Under Merchant Settlement Account Reports select Credits and Debits to Your Merchant Settlement Account
3) Choose the appropriate Start and End Dates and select Get Batches
4) Batches meeting your search criteria will display
5) Select View under the Batch Details column to view the details of checks in this deposit.
Please Note: These deposits may contain multiple batches. If multiple batches were completed for a single location on the same day, they will likely be deposited together.
The bank deposit descriptor for deposits will include the Batch ID from the Credits and Debits to Your Merchant Settlement Account report.
Deposit Results Report
The Deposit Results Report displays a date range of deposit batches created within Check Deposit. This report can monitor the status of current-day batches, the items within the batch, or display a previous day's batches and items.
- Log in to the system, and select Reports from the left main menu.
- Under Remote Deposit Complete Reports, select Deposit Results.
- Designate a Location for the report. Select a pre-defined date range for the next report next to the Quick Pick option, or specify a Start Date and End Date (image below).
- Select Get Deposits. A list of batches matching the filters appears. The following table lists the data presented in the report in alphabetical order for quick reference.
|Create Date||Contains the date the batch/deposit was scanned.|
|Deposit Details||Contains a link to the list of steps the batch/deposit has taken and the user who processed the batch.|
|Deposit Status||The status of the entire batch/deposit at the time the report is generated.|
|Description||Contains the Deposit Name which is made up of the date and time the
batch was created or a custom name you set when creating the Deposit. This name will be reflected in Check Deposit in Pushpay.
|Item Details||Contains a link to the list of the individual checks that make up the batch/deposit and their respective statuses.|
|Location||Found on the Deposit Results report, this field contains the Location (Pushpay Listing) to be credited with the payment.|
|Total Deposit Amount||The total amount of the deposit.|
|Total Deposit Count||The total number of items in the deposit.|
|Your Amount||The control amount entered when the batch/deposit was created.|
|Your Count||The control number of items entered when the batch/deposit was created.|
Viewing Deposit Details
Deposit Details is within the Deposit Results report and will help you identify the high-level status changes for the batch.
From the Deposit Results page, select Folder under the Deposit Details column to see processing details about the deposit. The details will display.
Viewing Item Details
Item Details is also found within the Deposit Results report and will show you all the details related to each check that was scanned, including the check image, check number, amount, and status.
- From the Deposit Results page, select View under the Item Details column to view events about that transaction in the deposit.
- The Items in the deposit page appears. To view batch detail, select View under the Item Details column. The Batch Item Details page appears.
Deposited - The item has processed through CAR/ LAR, the proof function, and is part of a closed deposit. It has been sent to transaction processing for the end-of-day processing at the designated cutoff time.
Error - The item has been sent to transaction processing, but an error occurred preventing the item from being processed.
Duplicate - The item was sent to transactions processing and rejected as a duplicate. The item will not be processed with this batch/deposit.
In Review - The item is awaiting MICR repair or amount entry, and its status will change once those steps are completed.
Needs Rescan - The item has a poor image quality or is a partial image. The batch/deposit will be re-opened so that you can rescan this item again in order for the batch/deposit to be processed.
Open - The item was scanned with no problems in an open deposit. Once the deposit status becomes Deposited, the item will be sent to transactions processing.
Rejected - Indicates the item has been rejected and will not be processed due to any number of reasons (e.g. image quality, invalid MICR, invalid payment origin, etc.)
3. Select Show Events at the top of the page to display a record of events for the item.
Searching for Individual Transactions from Pushpay
If you need to search for an individual transaction from Pushpay, click on the transaction in the Pushpay portal and copy the Item ID
Navigate to the ProfitStars portal (Check Deposit > Open check scanning portal), then search for that Transaction Number in the top right menu bar.