Recurring Suggestion is an automated notification that is shown on a giving page and aims to provide a shortcut for regular donors to set up recurring gifts effortlessly. We've released this feature as our research has found that there are many donors who consistently donate using the same frequency and amount.
- How does it work?
- Can I enable both Recurring by Default and Recurring Suggestion for a Listing at the same time?
- Can I turn the Recurring Suggestion off for my Listings?
- Can I customize the display content of the Recurring Suggestion?
- I don't use a default fund in my Listing, will my regular givers still get Recurring Suggestion?
The Recurring Suggestion notification will be shown if a donor's giving behavior matches all of the following criteria:
- is giving on a Listing that has the "Give one-time" option enabled by default
- does not have a recurring schedule set up toward the default fund of a Listing
- has given at least twice on the Listing within the past 180 days, and the pattern fits into our recurring frequency (Every week / Every 2 weeks / Every month / 1st & 15th monthly)
Donors who meet the above criteria will see a suggestion that includes:
- the last giving amount donated by the donor as the suggested recurring amount
- the frequency that matches the giver's past giving pattern as the suggested recurring frequency
By clicking the button, the donor is lead back to the "Set up recurring" page with the suggested amount and frequency pre-populated.
No, both cannot be enabled at the same time. We do this to avoid confusion and overloading the donor with repeat suggestions.
Recurring By Default is a method used to encourage donors to create a recurring schedule by selecting the recurring option by default instead of the one-time option. In order to send a one time gift in a Recurring By Default enabled Listing, givers have to manually switch from "Set up recurring" to "Give one time" on the giving page.
Yes, Recurring Suggestion can be managed at the Listing level. Please submit a request if you would like to enable / disable this feature.
No, the display of Recurring Suggestion cannot be customized.
Yes. So long as a donor has been giving to a fund on a Listing without a default fund, and the giver has no recurring gift set up toward any fund on the Listing, Recurring Suggestion will be shown when the giving pattern matches our filtering criteria.