This article will cover how to add a Donate button to your Facebook page that links out to your Pushpay giving page.
|Please note: Your Facebook page must be set to nonprofit organization in order to add a donate button. Skip to the bottom of this article if you need to update the category of your Facebook page.|
Add a Donate Button to your Facebook page:
Adding a Donate button right on your Facebook page is a great way to help donors find the easiest and fastest way to give to your organization. Just follow these steps:
1. Navigate to your organization's Facebook page and click the Add a Button option just below your cover photo:
2. Select Shop with you or make a donation from the list, and select Donate:
|Tip: If the Donate option is not listed for you, jump to the bottom of the page for instructions on how to update your page to reflect the nonprofit organization category.|
3.Click on Website Link:
4. Insert your Pushpay Giving URL into the Website Link text box
5. Click Finish on the bottom right corner to complete the Donate Button setup!
You now have a Donate button on your Facebook page that links directly to your Pushpay giving page! When a donor clicks that button, they will be presented with this popup dialogue from Facebook and then taken to your giving page:
If you need to change your page category to nonprofit organization
1. Click on the menu icon next to 'Share' just underneath your cover photo and select Edit page info:
2. Add nonprofit organization to the category list: