Gift Entry allows you to enter a gift on behalf of a donor using the payment details given to you via an alternate method. For example, if you use envelope giving, your offline donations can later be entered through Gift Entry.
This feature lets you search for a giver from your congregation and enter a gift on their behalf. It also supports check reading using a compatible check reader and if we recognize the bank account or check number you entered, we will automatically load the giver information so you can quickly make a payment.
In addition, Gift Entry populates some fields with the information used for the last transaction, saving you time and reducing data entry. This makes it much quicker and easier to enter a transaction. Entering all your giving through Gift Entry will make it easy for you to issue Giving Statements through Pushpay.
With Gift Entry, you can:
- Create a single transaction (Single Entry)
- Create a batch of transactions (Batch Entry)
- Scan & process checks with Check Deposit (requires activation)
- Quickest and easiest way to process or record a transaction
- Provides the ability to create a recurring schedule on a donor's behalf.
- Allows you to group together transactions, such as by Service.
- More work up front, but default settings can speed up entry of similar transactions
- Provides more robust reporting
- Allows you to both process and record check transactions
- More information can be found here.
Additional details can be found in the following articles: