This article is designed to help you configure and set up the Two-way Integration which will allow transaction information to be passed both ways between Pushpay and Church Community Builder.
Before Getting Started
Before completing the steps below, you must set up the CCB One-way Integration.
Then, import all the CCB COAs you may use in the two-way integration as Pushpay Funds. This will be important, as this will determine to which Pushpay fund the payments from CCB will be assigned.
If there is a single COA on the payment from CCB (not a split payment) and it is mapped to a single Pushpay Fund, the payment will be mapped to that fund. (See CCB Fund at the bottom of this page, under Troubleshooting, for more details).
You can import your CCB COAs by going to Settings > Integrations > Import Funds.
Then follow these steps to import, match, and create funds for your Organization.
|Please Note: The funds do not need to be visible on a listing in order for the payments from CCB to be allocated to them.|
Step 1: in Church Community Builder
- Log into CCB as the Master Administrator.
- Click Settings.
- Click Campuses.
Select the campus you are setting up giving for.
Select Pushpay Processing from the Merchant dropdown.
Note: if you have an existing merchant already selected you must click Remove Merchant before you can select Pushpay.
- Read authorization details and click Confirm.
- You will be redirected to a Pushpay login page.
- Enter your Pushpay administrator email/phone number and password and click Login.
- You will be presented with an authorization screen showing the Pushpay Listings you are allowed to administer and the allowed permissions.
- Click Authorize.
- You will be redirected back to CCB.
- Pushpay Processing will be selected as your merchant.
- From the Merchant Listing dropdown, select the Listing that matches the campus you are configuring.
- Click Save.
Note: you do not need to select a merchant under RDC Merchant Settings when using Pushpay Processing.
- Split payments, which contain singular or multiple COAs
- The COA from the payment is not mapped to any Pushpay Fund
- The COA from the payment is mapped to more than one Pushpay Funds (note: it could be mapped to the CCB fund itself. If that is the case, we'd recommend mapping the CCB fund to a COA that is not used).